Wednesday 6 March 2013

What I did when not updating the blog :)

It's been a few days now, and I know that for some of you it's like going cold turkey.

So here's your fix for today!

Going away from the painting for a moment, I've been promising an update regarding the battery hoses that I made.

Please note, the club spec hoses are 12mm diameter. These are only 10mm.

So here is the pictorial guide!

Here is the cable I would recommend using.


First of all, chop off the ends!


Next, cut along the outer plastic tube to liberate the innards.  I used a knife, but scissors would work just as well.


This step is important if you want a neat finish.  I used masking tape to seal up the ends and make them tidy.  If they're not tidy, the pieces tube with catch on the braided hose and ruin the effect.


Then, feed the plastic tube through the braided hose part.  I pulled the cables out of the braided hose gradually, purely to help it keep its shape.  Probably not necessary but seemed like a good idea. 


And here's a close up :)  All that needs doing is chopping off the excess.


More updates are on there way, and they're gonna be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment